>> Products >
APL Apollo Hollow Sections - Superior is a
word that falls short when it comes to quality
markets its product under the brand APL Apollo which covers MS
Black, G.I. Round pipes and Hollow Sections both in Rectangular and
Square Quality rolled on High Frequency Induct Weld (HFIW) mills. These
mills have been designed on latest technology provided by M/s Kusakabe
of Japan who are the world leaders in welded Tube Mill technology. We
have five mills at Unit - I, Sikandrabad and two mills at Unit - II,
Hosar having installed capacity of 3,25,000 MT per annum.
- International quality raw material
- Enhanced physical strength provides decisive advantage
- Formed at modern HFIW mill under strict quality control
- Increased tensile capacity because of concentric connection
- Increased compressive strength because of higher radius of
- Full strength under moment due to superior torsional rigidity
- Enhanced shear capacity
- Multifold tensional capacity
- Lower wind drag
- Better fire resistance
- The best during earthquakes
Hollow Sections are perfect substitude for conventional angle and
channels and the market is diversifying to adopt the sections for the
reason of overall cost saving of 15%. In addition to this, the
maintenance of these sections is very cheap and it has a better
- Hollow Sections (RHS / SHS manufactured by APL Apollo Tubes )
command several techno-economic advantages over Conventional
- The raw Material for these structurals come from SAIL
state-of-the-art Hot Strip Mill which manufacturers Hot Rolled Coils
comparable to the best in the world.
- The excellent distribution of the materials around the axis of
Hollow Sections exhibit remarkable strength qualities and thus
offers decisive advantage as regards to application technology.
- Due to their high torsional rigidity and attainment of
substantial impact in the material, Hollow Sections behave more
efficiently than conventional structurals.
- Their higher strength to weight ratio result in up to 30% saving
- The smooth, uniform profile of these sections minimizes corrosion
and facilitates easy, at-site fabrication.
- Hollow Sections also enhance the aesthetic appeal of structures.
- Cold formed Hollow Section is a formed product whereas
conventional structure is a rolled product, so the material
ductility vis-à-vis with the strength remains stationary and
uniform in cold formed Hollow Section which gives a very suitable
calculation to the structural engineers / consultants.
Internal corrosion is
further protected by applying the surface with any protective coating
preferably the polymer base or suitably passivated as a protection from
surface oxidation / corrosion